Everyone experiences adversity, and it’s presented in various forms. But troubles don’t define us, rather how we handle them does. A successful person most likely didn’t become successful by accident. Successful people thrive intentionally.
Ask yourself: “Am I holding myself back for fear of what people will think?
Is this you?
- You don’t feel you’re living a life of purpose
- You practice regular self-sabotaging talk
- You don’t express yourself enough
- You’re an over thinker
The real question is: are you ready for a shift?
Here are tips on how to overcome adversity and live your best life:
1. Realize that challenges come – no matter how much you grow you’ll be presented with challenges. There’s no one in this world who never has a challenge. It’s all in how you perceive those that come your way. You can choose to let challenges break you or teach you. The choice is always yours.
2. Change is not meant to break you – change is good and it stretches you. Great things come when you’re outside of comfort zones. Once you learn to welcome in the new, you’ll experience increased growth within.
3. When adversity comes, face it with positivity – when you’re faced with adversity, react in an opposite way than what is expected. Turn things around quickly by responding positively instead of negatively. Reverse it.
4. Surround yourself with positive people. During times of difficulty, it’s essential to surround yourself with people who are accepting of your imperfections. When you have supportive and loving people around you, it’s much easier to go through adversity and move forward.
5. You are still here – this means you’re resilient. Take a glimpse for a few moments into your past and take note of all the challenges you’ve faced. Ask yourself if you’re now standing on the other side. Count it all joy that you’re still here.
Watch the full video below:
Ready to reclaim your power? Check out my book From Pain to Power. It’s a wonderful reading and will be a great help